I was really glad that I was able to take part in the 1st DC Food Blogger Bake Sale for Share our Strength as part of the “Great American Bake Sale” campaign — where volunteers across the country host bake sales to raise funds for SOS’s efforts to end child hunger. Nearly 1 in 4 children in the US do not have enough food to eat — that’s nearly 17 million kids. So it was nice to raise money for such a worthy cause.
The DC bake sale was held this Saturday, April 17, from 9am-12noon at DC’s Historic Eastern Market.
Some of the local bloggers that participated were:
- Organized by Colleen of FoodieTots (Thank you!)
- Martha of A Measured Memory
- Jenna of Modern Domestic
- Kenneth of Indoor Garden-er
- Marie-Noelle of Lunching in the DMV
- Cathy of Mrs. Wheelbarow
- Maiy of Beans Rice Life
- Sally of Come to the Table
- Amber of Live Love to Bake
I enjoyed meeting everyone and baking for a good cause.
For the bake sale I made
- Triple Chocolate Cake Balls
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
- My favorite Coconut Banana Bread with a Lime Glaze
- Double Chocolate Oat Energy Bars
I will post these recipes soon 🙂